I know a lot of women pray for their husbands. I pray for mine too, but I don't have one yet. Well... I have one he just hasn't been revealed to me in that capacity yet.

I was invited by a friend to join to 'pray for our husbands'. And maybe it was the day, but I was totally ticked off by this gesture, although I am sure that no ill will was meant. God really began to work in my heart about this. Instead of praying in general about things, I decided that it was time to be a lot more intentional about my prayer for my husband.

Wednesday, May 27, 2009

my list

I have a list, on the back of a daisy postcard, of all the things I want my husband to be. The desires of my heart so to speak. Not one says he has to be good looking. Isn't that funny. I had lost it. I had no idea where it had ended up but I knew I didnt' throw it away. You'd think that I would have put it in my bible. I actually had just given up on trying to find it.

I'm getting ready for my garage last night. June 12! If you need stuff, come by, stuff is going to be CHEAP! Greeting cards, scrapbook stuff, random stuff, even a chair or two. I need to purge. I've got too much 'stuff'.

Anyway, as I'm going through my cards, I found it! I was kind of excited! Silly huh?

So today, I'm praying for him. Strength. Today I am praying for him to be strong.

Strong in the Lord.
Strong in God's Word.
Strong in Spirit.
Strong in surrender.

Dear God, I love you. I know that I am first your bride. God, I know that you will fulfill the desires of my heart. Lord, I am asking that you give my husband strength. I am asking you to send him your word. That he is strong in You, Lord, that he knows that in order to be strong, he needs to be strong in who you are in him. Lord, I ask that you pull him towards your word, that he not only reads it, he believes the great life you have for him. That his love be YOUR love. Lord, I ask that he find no strength in this world, but he finds his strength in your holy spirit. Lord, be with him today. Lord, let him feel your presence. Lord, I love you, and I ask all these things in your son's precious, MIGHTY name. Amen

Isaiah 40:28-31
28 Do you not know?
Have you not heard?
The LORD is the everlasting God,
the Creator of the ends of the earth.
He will not grow tired or weary,
and his understanding no one can fathom.

29 He gives strength to the weary
and increases the power of the weak.

30 Even youths grow tired and weary,
and young men stumble and fall;

31 but those who hope in the LORD
will renew their strength.
They will soar on wings like eagles;
they will run and not grow weary,
they will walk and not be faint.

No comments:

Post a Comment