I know a lot of women pray for their husbands. I pray for mine too, but I don't have one yet. Well... I have one he just hasn't been revealed to me in that capacity yet.

I was invited by a friend to join to 'pray for our husbands'. And maybe it was the day, but I was totally ticked off by this gesture, although I am sure that no ill will was meant. God really began to work in my heart about this. Instead of praying in general about things, I decided that it was time to be a lot more intentional about my prayer for my husband.

Friday, September 4, 2009

Oui, I'm tired and lonely

I'm tired of being single. I was never one of those people who said "I never want to be married". truth is I long to be married, to the right person. To the person God intends, but it's hard. When you're lonely, when you're tired, when you long to be held, when you long to laugh, and dance while you're making dinner (yes, this is on my list and i know it won't be an everyday occurance, but I want it! Go read Eph 3:20).

Someone asked me why I wanted to be married. Because it's a desire God gave me and I won't settle. I won't settle for someone who doesn't have integrity. They must be a man of character and i don't mean the mickey mouse kind of character.

I'm hurting and to be honest, I'm kind of mad at God about the whole thing. Why do some people find love and marriage at 20 and I'm thirty six with no prospects. Ugh!

Do I have a blessed life, yes I do! But I sure would like someone to share it with.

Someone to love...

Gen 2:18 The LORD God said, "It is not good for the man to be alone. I will make a helper suitable for him."

No comments:

Post a Comment