I know a lot of women pray for their husbands. I pray for mine too, but I don't have one yet. Well... I have one he just hasn't been revealed to me in that capacity yet.

I was invited by a friend to join to 'pray for our husbands'. And maybe it was the day, but I was totally ticked off by this gesture, although I am sure that no ill will was meant. God really began to work in my heart about this. Instead of praying in general about things, I decided that it was time to be a lot more intentional about my prayer for my husband.

Tuesday, September 22, 2009

today...

Today I found myself praying that God would speak to him tonight, that something that he needs healing from will be healed.

How we're broken, and how God heals us, each wound at a time. Its amazing how God not only hands us a band aid, but by His wounds we are healed!

God, I am so thankful for Your great healing, you heal our bodies, you heal out spirits. You know the things that are deep down, and you know when to bring them out, and when to tell us to let it go, and You wait, until we're ready. Lord, I ask for deep healing today, from things deeply enbedded in our lives. Lord, I ask that those things that need to be brought to the surface, be brought and you equip him to deal with them, to seek you. God, I love how you love us, that through all our mess, you are there. Thank You Lord. I love you, in Jesus' Healing name, I pray. AMEN!

Isa 53:5 But he was pierced for our transgressions,
he was crushed for our iniquities;
the punishment that brought us peace was upon him,
and by his wounds we are healed.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Margie,, thank you for visiting my blog and making a connection.

    I really like the idea of theis blog.

    I am 48 years old, never been married but still I want a Boaz like figure in my life. Recently while studying the book of Ruth this was impressed on my heart. Maybe I should join you in this prayer Margie.Very few understand the loneliness of single people, specially in a male dominated society where I live. Mind if I share my struggles as a single woman with you. Although we belong to different cultures we can still connect.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow that's a beautiful idea to pray for your husband. I think I will teach my teenage daughter's to do this

    ReplyDelete