I know a lot of women pray for their husbands. I pray for mine too, but I don't have one yet. Well... I have one he just hasn't been revealed to me in that capacity yet.

I was invited by a friend to join to 'pray for our husbands'. And maybe it was the day, but I was totally ticked off by this gesture, although I am sure that no ill will was meant. God really began to work in my heart about this. Instead of praying in general about things, I decided that it was time to be a lot more intentional about my prayer for my husband.

Monday, September 21, 2009

others focused

Phil 2:4 Each of you should look not only to your own interests, but also to the interests of others.

I started praying scriptures for my hubby, I never knew to do this but I went to the Desperation Conference and learned about that, how sweet!

So today's was Phil 2:4, this is a good one if you're the wife, ha!

But then I started thinking about how if we both look to other's interest, you know what's most important... to keep your eyes on Jesus. I want a husband that might look passed me because he's looking at Jesus.

God, I come before you, to always keep my eyes on you, that my husband is completely focused on living for Jesus. That in that, he is always focused on serving others, that his life and his love points toward Jesus. Lord, I am so thankful for the way you are preparing his heart. I am so thankful the way you have already moved. God let him be others focused, and Lord, I ask the same for me, Lord, I never want it to be about me, Lord, let it always be about You. I love You, and I ask this in Your Son's name, AMEN!

1 comment: